- Located in the Negev Desert, occupied Palestine.
- Located in a geographically unstable land, close to the Jordan Valley (Afro-Asian Rift)
- Formed of 10 floors buried underground and divided into several specialized sections.
- Established (by France) in 1957 in accordance to a secret agreement between France and the zionists government.
- Started operating in December 1963.
- in 1986, the zionist nuclear expert Mordachai Vanunu leaked documented information accompanied by over 60 photos that were published in a British newspaper.
Securing the reactor:
- the reactor is shielded against all kinds of attacks and all its vital sections are buried underground.
- It is air-covered and protected with a modern Radar-net all the time, in addition to a ready net of Hock Missiles.
- Ready system of interception aircrafts from the adjacent Dimona airport.
- One of the most protected zone with Early Warning Satellite System of AWACS aircraft
- Ability to produce 40 Kilograms of Plutonium annually.
- Ability to produce 8 kilograms of Uranium monthly.
- The reactor has already produced over 200 nuclear bombs.
- there are 2700 workers (scientists and technicians) in the reactor, but only 150 have access to the vital sections.
- Dimona Reactor has got into the strategic risk stage as its potential duration has expired in 1994.
- Cracks has appeared in its walls and bases which makes it a potential ecologic and human disaster. (Chernobyl Disaster)
- Lots of cancer defect cases appeared in the adjacent inhabited areas (bedouins) due to possible nuclear radiation.
- More than 1537 construction defects have been reported lately.
Adapted by: Sami, the bedouin
3 thoughts on “Dimona Nuclear Reactor: Basic Facts”
Reblogged this on nasreenebrahim and commented:
#Israel #MordachaiVanunu. This is highly dangerous. Whats the UN doing?
Reblogged this on Larrysinclair0925’s Weblog.